Inventory Management Practitioner - Basic - IMPB
This course is designed for both new and experienced Inventory Managers within the MOD. It provides the basis for delegates to undertake/attain: Service specific IS training courses on Inventory Management systems (to be completed within 6 months of taking up post); Inventory Management Licence (test) (to be completed within 6 months of taking up post); Inventory Management Practitioner - Advanced (IMPA) Workshop (to be completed within 9-12 months of taking up post); Inventory Management Certificate of Competence.
To ensure that all Inventory Managers achieve the level of functional competence required by basic practitioners prior to initial delegation of requirement and/or financial authority.
Course Contact Details
By the end of the workshop delegates will be able to:
- Explain what training and development is required by Inventory Managers at all levels;
- Describe the key role, responsibilities, functions and outputs performed by Inventory Managers across the SOM in support of traditional and various forms of Contract Logistic Support type solutions;
- Explain the basic principles, concepts, policy and processes of Inventory Management relevant to all support solutions ranging from traditional to all Contractor Logistic Support variants;
- Demonstrate basic situational awareness of the contribution made by Inventory Management to overall platform and equipment support to our armed forces, by its involvement through the Re-Provisioning cycle and theory, including repair and disposals, and associated Contracting process;
- Explain the relevance of current and future Supply Chain Information Systems (IS) to the Inventory Management role, functions and outputs;
- Demonstrate basic situational awareness of the Inventory Management role through its involvement with the operations of the Joint Supply Chain.
APPLICATION: For MOD delegates this course is available to book online via HRMS, provided the suitability requirements are met. Or by phone by calling the Course Support Line on Tel: 0306 798 4170
Non-MOD delegates should confirm access is available on a fee-paying basis by referring to the Course Essentials section on this page. If the course is open to Non-MOD delegates please complete an application form (fee payers) and email to DEFAC-CMT-AB-BR-BRISTOL@MOD.uk
Course Support Opening Hours
Monday to Thursday 09:30 – 12:00 13:00 – 16:00
Fridays 09:30 – 12:00 13:00 – 15:00