Through lectures, exercises and discussions, you will build an understanding of the process of handling and responding to Freedom of Information (FOI) requests.
You will develop an understanding of:
- the key provisions of the FOI Act
- how to handle requests for information with consideration of the cost limit
- when and how exemptions should be applied
- how to conduct a Public Interest Test (PIT)
- where to seek further guidance and information
You will learn how to respond appropriately and in a timely manner to FOI requests in the workplace, a key development to support the needs of your business.
You will be required to complete some pre-reading prior to attending this course, which will be detailed in your joining instructions.
This course is suitable for the following type(s) of applicant.