AS A PRECAUTIONARY MEASURE, THE DEFENCE ACADEMY HAS POSTPONED THIS COURSE IN LIGHT OF COVID-19. PLEASE CONTINUE TO CHECK THIS PAGE FOR RESCHEDULED COURSE DATES.
Through lectures, exercises and discussions, you will build an understanding of the process of handling and responding to Freedom of Information (FOI) requests.
You will develop an understanding of:
- the key provisions of the FOI Act
- how to handle requests for information with consideration of the cost limit
- when and how exemptions should be applied
- how to conduct a Public Interest Test (PIT)
- where to seek further guidance and information
You will learn how to respond appropriately and in a timely manner to FOI requests in the workplace, a key development to support the needs of your business.
You will be required to complete some pre-reading prior to attending this course, which will be detailed in your joining instructions.
This course is suitable for the following type(s) of applicant.