This module aims to equip you with the knowledge and skills to understand and apply appropriate models, methods, tools, techniques and approaches to develop information systems (IS) at the strategic level.
- software development lifecycle (SDLC) models
- systems vs. reductionist thinking
- information systems development methodologies (hard, soft, agile)
- information systems failure
- alternative approaches to IS development (such as enterprise resource planning systems)
- commercial, off-the-shelf-based development
This short course is a module from the Information Capability Management (ICM) PgCert, PgDip, MSc course.
Keeping courses up-to-date and current requires constant innovation and change. The modules currently offered in connection with this MSc reflect the needs of our business however they may change or be withdrawn due to research developments, legislation changes or for a variety of other reasons, depending on the year of entry. Changes may also be designed to improve the student learning experience or to respond to feedback from students, external examiners, accreditation bodies and industrial advisory panels.