As a precautionary measure, the Defence Academy has postponed this course in light of COVID-19. Please continue to check this page for rescheduled course dates.
Through lectures, syndicate practical exercises, case studies, guided and informal discussions, this course will teach you the basic knowledge and skills required for good information management.
You will learn how to:
- build an understanding of information management principles to support the senior information officer
- identify the issues and establish suitable approaches to managing information within a networked information environment
- explain the processes required to support the iHub in effective information management
- state the records management processes and procedures required to manage records within a business area
- design and implementable a realistic information management (IM) plan
This course is mandatory if you are employed in Ministry of Defence information management professional role.
You will learn the knowledge and skills to implement a comprehensive information management strategy across your organisation and provides a solid foundation for later progression into Senior Information Officer roles.
Pre-course learning prior to the course Information Matters available on the DLE.
This course is suitable for the following type(s) of applicant.
Provided for MOD’s information managers at SO2/SO3 and equivalent MOD civil servant grades who are or soon will be responsible for developing and implementing their organisation’s IM Plan that will clarify and deliver the organisation’s information needs.
Applicants from SO2/SO3 within NATO defence who anticipate fulfilling the IMgr role for their organisation will be considered on a fill-up basis.