This course will outline the areas of knowledge you require in order to begin to discharge your duties with respect to laser safety.
It will provide you with an overview of both the nature of lasers, laser systems and the regulatory controls, which are applied in Defence, to ensure that they can be operated safely.
You will learn:
- laser physics and laser systems
- laser eye and skin safety considerations
- laser safety and human eye response
- laser range procedures
- laser safety calculations
- military laser technology and their applications
Successful completion of the course will qualify you as a LSO.
No previous knowledge is required and comprehensive notes for future reference are supplied.
This course is suitable for the following type(s) of applicant.
This course is suitable for:
- all MOD LSOs or if you wish to become a LSO
- suppliers of lasers to MOD who need to create a laser safety clearance paper
- range staff from ranges that use lasers