This course will enhance your understanding of issues surrounding equality, diversity and inclusion. You will also be able to utilise a complaints process to ensure that individuals have points of contacts if they would like advice on making a complaint. In addition to this participants will understand equality analysis and the climate monitoring process allowing them to continuously monitor E, D&I within their organisation.
You will learn to:
- explain the principles of equality, diversity and inclusion
- to outline the business, moral and legal cases for adopting the Equality, Diversity and Inclusion policy
- to explain why equality, diversity and inclusion management is important
- to explain the links between attitudes and behaviour in relation to equality, diversity and inclusion
- to explain how we comply with equality legislation
- to explain the responsibilities of personnel in relation to equality, diversity and inclusion
- to define and identify discrimination, harassment and bullying in the workplace
- how to advise personnel on equality, diversity and inclusion complaints procedure
- to explain methods of investigating complaints
- to provide guidance on the implementation of the policies on equality, diversity and inclusion
- to provide advice on monitoring the equality, diversity and inclusion climate
- to conduct equality, diversity and inclusion awareness training
We use a variety of different teaching methods from student led discussions, presentations, syndicate work and ICT based learning. All of these combine to create a blended learning environment accessible to everyone. All course materials are provided on paper as well as digitally. Forms of assessment seek to develop and assess practical skills.
The course will develop your leadership skills and understanding of the needs of individuals within an organisation and give you tools to increase organisation capability, team moral and team cohesion. This course can be used as evidence of CPD (Continued Professional Development) for a variety of different bodies including HCPC and QTS. The course will also allow you to talk with confidence about inclusive working environments and how diverse organisations can achieve better outcomes.
Personnel must be at least CTC cleared.
For public sector – Equality and Diversity Essentials online training and Unconscious Bias online training. A reading list will also be issued.
All applicants are to have read 2017DIN07-076.
This course is suitable for the following type(s) of applicant.
Open to military officers, warrant officers and senior non commissioned officers as well as MOD civil servants.
Partners across government, international or industry applicants may also attend this course. Please register your interest above, selecting your relevant sector.
For course availability and attendance, please contact your relevant single service policy desk.