AS A PRECAUTIONARY MEASURE, THE DEFENCE ACADEMY HAS POSTPONED THIS COURSE IN LIGHT OF COVID-19. PLEASE CONTINUE TO CHECK THIS PAGE FOR RESCHEDULED COURSE DATES.
Primarily aimed at professional engineers who have already received training in the basics of force protection engineering and field fortifications. It will give a
wider and deeper understanding in the field enabling those who attend to be
able to produce safe force protection designs.
This course is essentially practical with much of the learning based on individual assignments and group interaction.
You will learn:
- weapon design
- blast loading
- materials and terminal ballistics
- structural response to blast and impact loading
- rapid structural assessment
- groundshock and ground penetration
- design of structures to resist accidental explosions
- fences, barriers, cctv and perimeter security systems
- force protection engineering scenario exercise
This course will increase your knowledge and understanding of the topics taught – therefore, giving you the skills needed to move forward in your career.
UK Defence and OGDs, UK List X companies and Allied Military.
Due to some official sensitive material – personnel attending need to have SC or equivalent.
All non UK attendees are subject to MOD approval.
This course is suitable for the following type(s) of applicant.