The course uses syndicate exercise and discussion to consolidate learning and follows a logical progression through the MOD’s risk management process in a project environment within its acquisition cycle. Looking at all stages of a project cycle, it introduces the statistical basis of risk, the MOD’s risk management tools along with the concepts of qualitative and quantitative risk analysis. The course focuses on project risk using Monte Carlo to model timescale risk and the effect of mitigation.
You will learn to:
- understand the MOD Risk Management process within its Acquisition and Through Life Project cycles
- have an awareness of Qualitative and Quantitative Risk Analysis
- be able to produce inputs necessary for modelling timescale risk
- understand Risk plans and the concepts of mitigation and fall back plans
- understand management activities required to record and report risk
Your increased knowledge and awareness of project management will enable you to move forward and upwards in your chosen career path.
The course assumes a basic level and knowledge of Project Management principles.
This course is suitable for the following type(s) of applicant.