This course will include lectures, syndicate work, case studies and informal discussions.
There is an optional half day on the Monday afternoon which will include MODNet capabilities, Office 365 components and an Office 365 SharePoint practical. Students should make it clear in their application whether or not they wish to attend.
You will learn:
- the background and context to your organisation’s critical requirements to improve the effectiveness of its information management in both the operational and the business spaces including the perspective of the Chief Information Officer
- to understand the principals and practices of establishing effective information administration and information management as the foundations for improving information exploitation
- to understand the organisational information management regime of the practitioners, system users and their roles and responsibilities
- to understand the information assurance and information risk and compliance and legal and regulatory requirements
- to understand the delivery of the information management directive and taking a measured approach to improving business effectiveness through improved information management.
A key development in enhancing your career prospects.
Senior officers in positions of responsibility for leading and directing their organisations information management effort.
For MOD and MOD CS attendees you will be required to undertake the following prior to attending this course:
- familiarisation with JSP 441 Defence Information Management Policy and its associated information management protocols (Defence Intranet)
- Defence Information Management Passport – Information Matters on the DLE
This course is suitable for the following type(s) of applicant.