To provide you, as an Inventory Manager with a basic understanding of WOME, the various legislative and regulative requirements along with a basic understanding of explosives technology and the hazards for which legislation and regulation are imposed. You will attain the basic knowledge needed to competently discharge your responsibilities and to source more detailed information if required.
You will learn/develop:
- describe Weapons, Ordnance, Munitions and Explosives (WOME), explain an explosion and recognise different types of explosive materials
- explain the different types of life and the environmental factors that apply
- know the significant legislative requirements and the associated responsibilities of MOD and its employees. Have an awareness of the complex legislative requirements and the need to remain vigilant to new and amended requirements
- describe the MOD regulations and their relationship with HSWA, and understand standard and non-standard licenses and how they apply
- understand the main IS tool used within WOME IM and their interfaces
- understand the SP&M process relating to WOME stockpile planning and maintenance
- understand the regulations and constraints applied to WOME movements, statutory labelling, and RFA load lists
- explain the purpose of surveillance programmes and the need for accurate history records;
- understand the constraints applied to WOME storage
This course will allow you to progress in your chosen field by teaching you the knowledge required for working with WOME
This course is suitable for the following type(s) of applicant.
Inventory Managers - this course is also open to MOD Industry partners/suppliers and other government departments.