Centre for Defence Education Research Analysis
Established in 2019, the Defence Academy's Centre for Defence Education Research Analysis (CDERA) aims to:
- collect, collate, analyse and curate relevant and timely defence and security educational research by the Defence Academy for defence and the security sector
- influence the defence and security community and national debate on strategic and joint education challenges and opportunities
CDERA acts as the single-point for coordinating, commissioning and convening research and analysis for the Defence Academy. Through our relationships with national and international institutions, CDERA aims to develop insight and actionable research.
CDERA operations include:
- carry out new research and analysis by leveraging the knowledge, experience and intellect of the Defence Academy community, including students, staff and alumni
- guide and commission defence-related research and analysis by non-MOD agencies, including with our academic partners King's College London (KCL) and Cranfield University (CU)
- engage and influence MOD research programmes and capabilities, including Defence Science and Technology Laboratory (Dstl) and Development, Concepts and Doctrine Centre (DCDC)
- encourage innovative and critical thinking on Professional Military Education (PME)
- identify and maintain a register of agreed Defence Academy research and analysis priorities
- promote Defence Academy Visiting Fellowships scheme
If you have any questions for CDERA, please contact us
and include ‘CDERA’ in the subject line.