ED&I training and education is delivered by the Intrinsic Leadership and Behaviours (ILaB) Team, which is part of the Defence Leadership Centre (DLC) at the Defence Academy. They specialise in delivery to strategic leaders and ED&I specialists in the Ministry of Defence (MOD), including the wider defence and security sector and government civil servants. They aim to:
- help delegates examine current and prevailing attitudes
- increase wider understanding of equality, diversity and inclusion
- emphasise how the topics remain at the heart of good leadership
- play an active part in helping your business continue to develop
- help you to understand your organisational culture and ED&I climate
- help you to understand how to measure business equality, diversity and inclusion
- ensure compliance with UK and MOD legislation
Diversity is considered a measure of difference, with inclusion being the degree to which those differences are best recognised and fulfilled. Although all public bodies are legally bound by the Equality Act 2010, it is widely recognised that the ‘Diversity and Inclusion’ dividend plays an active role in increased productivity and innovation, building and maintaining strong relationships within and across the business. For many, this can require a significant cultural shift by challenging personal biases, stereotypes and prejudices in order to transform our behaviour towards each other.
ED&I training and education is available at all business levels and is delivered through the following 4 high level courses:
The team have established partnerships with a number of recognised leadership institutes and academic providers and all their courses and programmes are accredited by the Chartered Management Institute (CMI) and the Defence Awarding Organisation (DAO).
The team can provide advice and guidance on tailoring any of their existing products to meet the requirements of the customer, offering the potential opportunity to deliver bespoke training and education that satisfies your needs. If you are interested, please contact us via the enquiry form under Contact us and we will be in touch.
You may also find these links and information useful: