This course is for junior non-commissioned officers of all services and relevant civil servant equivalents. It results in a JPA competency which currently has no expiry time limit. Promoting an inclusive working environment and upholding defence values and standards.
You will learn:
- how to identify and deal with bullying, harassment and unlawful discrimination in the workplace
- an awareness of the Equality Act 2010 and all the protected characteristics including; age, race, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, sex, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, disability, religion and or belief/non-belief
- details of confidential support/help lines in relation to bullying and harassment
- self-awareness of unconscious bias, stereotyping, prejudice and discrimination, attitudes and behaviours
- how to communicate and deal with people better
We use a variety of different teaching methods from student led discussions, presentations, syndicate work and ICT based learning. All of these combine to create a blended learning environment accessible to everyone. All course material are provided on paper as well as digitally. Forms of assessment seek to develop and assess practical skills. These assessments include formative and summative assessments including action planning and end of course quiz.
The course will develop your understanding of the needs of individuals within an organisation and give you tools to increase organisation capability, team moral and team cohesion. This course can be used as evidence of CPD (Continued Professional Development) for a variety of different bodies including HCPC and QTS. The course will also allow you to talk with confidence about inclusive working environments and how diverse organisations can achieve better outcomes.
Open to all junior leaders across all sectors of Defence.
You will need to:
- understand and be able to demonstrate and list Defence core values and standards
- obtain and produce your organisations E, D&I policy
- obtain and produce your organisations policy relating to the displaying of offensive material
- show an understanding of defence policy relating to bullying and harassment
- all applicants are to have read 2017DIN07-076
This course is suitable for the following type(s) of applicant.
This course is open to military officers, warrant officers and senior non commissioned officers as well as MOD civil servants.
Partners across government, international or industry applicants may also attend this course. Please register your interest above, selecting your relevant sector.
For course availability, please contact your relevant single-service policy desk.