This short course is a module from the Explosive Ordnance Engineering (EOE) MSc. It is delivered by Cranfield University on behalf of the Technology and Capability Group at the Defence Academy.
- pan-national philosophies of Insensitive Munitions (IM) and IM policy
- methods to achieve IM based on formulation and preparation of explosives
- methods to achieve IM based on design of weapons systems
- methods to achieve IM based on mitigation of effects and packaging
- cost benefit analysis
- accident analysis
- test methods and criteria
- identify the different national approaches to IM
- consider the design approaches which may lead to IM
You will have the skills to identify the different national approaches to IM and to consider the design approaches which may lead to IM.
If you are seeking a MOD-funded place, you will need to demonstrate in your application that there is a clear business need to undertake the course.
Coursework; production of a briefing note or guidance document following an in-class case study on IM. This accredited short course, which will be taught at MSc standard, is one of the modules that comprise the MSc in Explosive Ordnance Engineering.