Over the course of the workshop, discussions will examine the legal framework for contracting, commercial risks and issues, and the route to contracting for ILS and support, as well as ILS inputs to commercial processes.
Before attending this course you must have completed the ILS Management and Supportability Engineering (ILSMSE) workshop and the e-Learning course ILS Contract Management Online (ILSCMO).
In this interactive workshop you will learn:
- How a contract is formed and how to avoid unintentionally committing MOD to contract
- The implications of the Public Procurement Regulations on defence procurement
- The role of a Commercial Officer and the relationship with the ILS Manager
- The route to placing a contract in MOD
- The ILS Manager's role in commercial processes
This course will consolidate practitioner level knowledge in a fundamental area of ILS. It is applicable to anyone who works in, or is interested in, the defence support environment, and is a mandatory course for Technical Through Life Support (TTLS) staff in Defence Equipment and Support (DE&S) who wish to obtain the TTLS Practitioner Certificate.
Self Assessment and end of course test.