Key Logistics Messages (KLMs) are delivered at two levels, each having an introduction before covering the following six components:
- understand the scope of the end-to-end support chain
- how to prepare for operations
- projecting logistics into and out of theatre
- the challenges of sustaining forces and equipment
- the need for accurate and timely information
- how the efficient use of the end-to-end support chain is key to enabling commanders to greater freedom to manoeuvre
This course (Level 1) enables you to gain an awareness of the principles of joint end-to-end logistics.
By the end of this course you will have a sufficient awareness of the logistic support chain as an end-to-end system to enable you to understand the context of your role within it.
KLMs enable you to understand the underpinning workings and challenges of the end-to-end logistics support chain.
The knowledge gained during this course will help positively shape your behaviour (whether you are a logistician or working alongside them) to contribute to the effectiveness of logistics support to operations.
You will complete an end of course assessment.