Key Logistics Messages (KLMs) are delivered at two levels, each having an introduction before covering the following components:
- understand the scope of the end-to-end support chain
- how to prepare for operations; projecting logistics into and out of theatre
- the challenges of sustaining forces and equipment
- the need for accurate and timely information
- how the efficient use of the end-to-end support chain is key to enabling commanders to greater freedom to manoeuvre
This course (Level 2) enables you gain a practical understanding of the principles of joint end–to-end logistics.
By the end of this course you will have sufficient strategic overview of the logistic support chain as an end-to-end system and the practical aspects of its operation to enable you to understand the context of your role within it.
KLMs enable staff to understand the underpinning workings and challenges of the end-to-end logistics support chain.
The knowledge gained during this course will help positively shape your behaviour (whether you are a logistician or working alongside them) to contribute to the effectiveness of logistics support to operations.
You will complete an end of course assessment.