Mentoring Fundamentals will develop your knowledge and awareness of mentoring within defence.
The course provides interactive content with:
- mentoring journals
This course is accessible online through the Defence Learning Environment (DLE).
You will be able to:
- identify what mentoring is and the different types of mentoring
- recognise the similarities and differences between mentoring and coaching
- describe the role and expectations of a mentor and a mentee
- explain the different stages within the mentoring process and the importance of the process for an effective mentoring relationship
- recognise the different elements of a mentors skillset; reflective practice, effective questioning, active listening and goal setting to be an effective mentor
- identify the challenges and benefits of mentoring for key stakeholders when embedding a mentoring culture
- identify the essential aspects to consider when designing and sustaining a mentoring scheme
This course will increase your knowledge and awareness of mentoring in defence.
|MOD civil servants|
You must have a Defence Gateway account with access to the DLE.
Completion of the full course to attain a certificate of completion.