This course takes the knowledge and skills used by the Joint Services Command and Staff College (JSCSC) directing staff to facilitate the learner centred education and the confidence to provide one to one mentoring and coaching.
You will also be provided with an insight into how the Defence Academy is organised and how JSCSC delivers command and staff training.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- understand the British approach to Professional Military Education (PME)
- understand how British Command and Staff Education is formulated, delivered, audited and refreshed
- analyse the principles of facilitative teaching in defence
- examine selected theories of learning and learning styles
- discuss effective facilitation skills
- apply effective questioning techniques
- interpret the principles of the Defence Systems Approach to Training (DSAT)
- demonstrate appropriate coaching and mentoring techniques
You will develop your personal education skills. You will also be provided with an insight to the UK approach to its command and staff training.
International course only.