This course is designed to take the fundamentals of programming you learned as part of the Cyber Foundation Pathway and build on them to enable you to interpret and write complex python code.
You will learn/develop:
- use all significant features of the BASH language
- implement advanced variable and array manipulation
- develop shell scripts that contain advanced decision making constructs
- use the tracing features to speed the development of shell scripts
- implement advanced data stream handling by using process substitution
- incorporate functions in script design
- integrate BASH scripts with those written using other shells
- write reliable, maintainable and efficient shell scripts
This course is aimed at those who will need to interpret and write BASH code as part of their core role.
Must be minimum SC cleared.
To attend this module you just have attended CFP M5 – Introduction to programming.
Assessment of this module will be a number of short coding assignments during the course which must be completed.