This course is part of the Commercial Professionalism Programme (CPP) and provides training for MOD commercial officers on the commercial sourcing process at the developing/practitioner level.
The course is run as a 3-day workshop and seeks to transfer learning via a mixture of:
- group discussion
- theory sessions
- case studies
- input from Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) within MOD commercial
The training is recommended for all commercial officers who are in or require a good understanding of the commercial sourcing process and conduct of competition.
By the end of the course you will:
- understand what sourcing entails and appreciate the key phases in the process
- appreciate the importance of drafting the right sourcing strategy, and how this impacts selection, evaluation and award criteria
- understand what market engagement is, how markets are identified and options of how to engage the market in your requirement
- understand and develop the skills required to undertake all the activities that take place during the tendering and award stages (method, process and developing evaluation criteria)
- understand and explain how tender award decisions are communicated and the appropriate ways to engage with successful/unsuccessful bidders
It will provide you with an awareness and understanding to enable you to manage the sourcing process and better manage your customer needs.
It is advisable to attend the Route to Contract and Pre-Sourcing and Categorisation courses before attending this course.
Delegates wishing to book on this course must ensure that prior to booking their personal HMRS account is up to date including a full work postal address and mail point.
Courses run at various locations please ensure you check the location prior to booking.