This course sets out the fundamentals of policy and legislative frameworks surrounding commercial process.
It explains the legal elements of a contract and the use of approvals processes and business cases, competition stages, single source regulations and legal challenges.
It is set primarily in a MOD context and introduces the department’s contract purchasing and finance system, but against a broader backdrop of the roles and responsibilities of civil servant commercial officers that have wider applicability.
By the end of this course you will:
- be able to identify legal elements of a contract and how they are related to a policy and regulatory framework
- understand the principles of an approvals process and its supporting business cases, competition and single source contracting
- understand the role of a commercial officer and their interaction with industry
This course is recommended for MOD Commercial staff.
It is strongly recommended that attendance is completed within the first 3 months of joining the Commercial Function and no later than 6 months.
It is strongly recommended that students read the Commercial Awareness Guide (available through the Commercial Toolkit) before attending the course.
|MOD civil servants|
- Delegates wishing to book on this course must ensure that prior to booking their personal HMRS account is up to date including a full work postal address and mail point.
- Courses run at various locations. Please ensure you check the location prior to booking.