The Knowledge and Information Management (KIM) Pathway is a series of modules designed and created by Information Capability for personnel in information professional roles.
Through guided online learning and assessments, the KIM Pathway teaches the basic knowledge and skills required for Information professionals (OR2 to SO3 and CS equivalents) working at a practitioner level.
Module 0 is the first part of the KIM Pathway journey and is designed to provide you with a baseline awareness of knowledge and information management in order to prepare for the remainder of the pathway.
To begin the journey, you will need to self-enrol onto Module 0 via the Defence Learning Environment (DLE), noting the pre-course learning requisites.
If you have completed the ISA or ISO course at the Defence Academy in the last two years you may be exempt from having to complete KIM Pathway Modules 0, 1 or 2. If you feel this may apply to you then please contact us via the 'Register your interest' button.
You will learn/develop:
- an awareness of the need for change ('the why') to gain Information Advantage
- an understanding of the importance and benefits of customer services in ICST
- an understanding of the background to Knowledge and Information Management (KIM) in the MOD
- an understanding of the importance and benefits to defence of effective collaborative working (CW) in the workplace
- an understanding of the importance and benefits of information management documentation in the MOD and the Information Ways of Working (I-WOW) approach
Information professionals typically work within the iHub and are responsible for information administration activities. They are, therefore, essential contributors to effective information management.
Students on Module 0 of the Information Management Pathway will learn significant transferable skills and knowledge such as:
- the role of Information Advantage within wider an integrated defence
- why customer expectations and effective information management are important in the workplace
- the importance of KIM in the workplace and the KIM roles within an organisation
- the benefits of CW and why iWOWs are important in the workplace
Before self-enrolling on Module 0, you are required to complete pre-learning which consists of:
- DLE User Module
- The Defence Information Management Passport (DIMP)
There are formative questions throughout the module to check understanding and a final summative assessment. You must pass the summative assessment to be awarded the KIM Mod 0 certificate and progress to KIM Module 1.