The course is split into bite-size modules covering the various aspects on control accounts, taking focus on how to reconcile and the importance of the reconciliation process. It covers the different types of control accounts and well as the rules and regulations that must be followed.
You will develop an awareness of:
- the purpose of a control account
- different types of control account
- the role of an account operator and holder
- the difference between balanced and reconciled
- the reconciliation process
This course is mandatory for MOD employees taking up a role as a control account operator or control account holder, ensuring adequate financial governance within the department.